Initially, this salad was not prepared at all from sausages and cucumbers.
This dish was available only to the nobility, as the salad included expensive products, such as crab necks and grouse.
A modern recipe allows people with any income to make a salad.
Salad "Olivier" with fresh cucumber and sausage - the basic principles of preparation
Today we can buy absolutely any products, and in times of total shortage, even green peas were difficult to get, so Olivier was prepared only for big holidays. Not a single New Year was complete without this salad.
It would seem that just pickled cucumber replaced with fresh. However, the taste of the salad has changed dramatically, it has become spring and light. By the way, you can use fresh cucumbers along with pickles in the salad.
The rest of the salad "Olivier" with fresh cucumber and sausage is prepared in the same way as the traditional one. Boil vegetables in a peel, cool, peel and finely chop. Hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped into small cubes.
Vegetables and eggs are laid in a deep dish, add green peas and finely chopped sausage. Salad is usually seasoned with mayonnaise, but if you are on a diet, you can use natural yogurt or low-fat sour cream as a dressing.
Recipe 1. Olivier salad with fresh cucumber and sausage
300 g mayonnaise;
200 g boiled sausages without lard;
black pepper and salt;
potatoes - five pcs.;
300 g of green canned peas;
fresh cucumbers - three pcs.
1. Rinse the potatoes and carrots thoroughly with a brush. Put vegetables in a cauldron, fill with water so that it completely covers them, and put on fire. Cook for 20 minutes over medium heat. Then drain the broth, and cool the vegetables.
2. Place the eggs in a saucepan, fill them with water and salt. Cook on low heat for about ten minutes. Drain and immediately place under running cold water.
3. Peel the potatoes and chop them into cubes. Peel and chop the carrots in the same way.
4. Wash fresh cucumbers, wipe and crumble in small pieces.
5. Grind the peeled eggs with an egg slicer. Free cooked sausage from the film and crumble in the same way as other products.
6. Rinse the onion without husks and greens. Chop finely.
7. Open a jar of peas, drain the marinade.
8. Place all the crushed products in a deep bowl, pepper, salt, add mayonnaise and mix gently from top to bottom.
Recipe 2. Salad "Olivier" with fresh cucumber and smoked sausage
300 g smoked sausage;
three pickled cucumbers;
100 g mayonnaise;
potatoes - four tubers;
carrots - two pcs.
1. Under the tap, wash the potatoes and carrots with a brush. Put in a bowl, fill with water and boil until soft. We check the readiness with a fork, if it freely enters the vegetable, you can remove it from the heat. Drain the broth, and cool the contents.
2. Put the eggs in a small saucepan, fill with drinking water and boil for about ten minutes. We drain the water, and place the eggs under a stream of cold water.
3. Peel the boiled vegetables and chop them into small pieces. Eggs are peeled and chopped with a knife or a special device.
4. Remove the film with smoked sausage and crumble it in small cubes.
5. Rinse fresh and pickles under the tap and finely chop.
6. Combine all prepared foods in a deep bowl, salt, add mayonnaise and mix. We spread the salad in a beautiful plate and decorate with dill sprigs.
Recipe 3. Salad "Olivier" with fresh cucumber, sausage and olives
300 g of cooked sausage without fat;
four potato tubers;
100 g canned peas;
100 g mayonnaise;
100 g canned pitted olives;
eggs - four pcs.
1. Remove the film from the cooked sausage, cut it into circles, then long strips and chop finely.
2. Boil the eggs for ten minutes. Drain the hot water. Cool the eggs in cold water, and peel. Grind with a sharp knife or using an egg slicer.
3. Boiled potatoes and carrots in their skins for half an hour. Check the readiness with a fork, if it freely enters the vegetable, then it is time to remove from the heat. Drain the broth, and cool the contents of the cauldron.
4. Remove thin peel from cooked vegetables and chop them finely.
5. Open cans of peas and olives. Drain both marinades. Remove the olives and cut into rings.
6. Rinse and chop the cucumbers in small pieces.
7. Wash greens, dry and chop. Put all the products in a suitable dish, pepper, salt and add mayonnaise. Mix well. Put in a salad bowl, garnish with greens and ringlets of olives.
Recipe 4. Olivier Salad with Fresh Cucumber, Sausage and Capers
freshly ground pepper;
canned green peas;
1. Boil potatoes and carrots until soft. Drain the broth, cool the vegetables, and remove the thin peel from them.
2. Cook the eggs for ten minutes. Cool them in cold water and clean.
3. Peel the cucumber. Remove the film from the sausage and crumble it into small pieces. Open a jar of capers.
4. Chop potatoes, carrots, capers and cucumber. Grind eggs like vegetables.
5. Combine all crushed products in a deep container. Salt, season with freshly ground pepper and add mayonnaise. Mix gently. Leave to insist for half an hour. Then put the Olivier salad with fresh cucumber and sausage in a beautiful salad bowl and decorate with sprigs of greenery.
Recipe 5. Olivier salad with fresh cucumber, sausage and apple
freshly ground black pepper;
160 g carrots;
50 ml of natural yogurt;
200 g cooked sausages;
200 g of fresh cucumbers;
80 g of green canned peas;
1. Remove the film from boiled sausage. Cut it into thin circles, then into thin strips and crumble into cubes.
2. Wash carrots and potatoes with a brush under running water. Put in a bowl, pour with drinking water and cook for half an hour. As soon as the fork will freely enter the vegetable, drain the broth, and completely cool the contents of the cauldron. Peel vegetables and grind them into medium-sized cubes.
3. Wash the apple. To peel it or not - decide for yourself. Cut and core. Wash the cucumbers, wipe with a napkin. Chop the apple and cucumbers in the same way as boiled vegetables.
4. Boil eggs for ten minutes. Then drain the hot water, and place the container with eggs under a stream of cold water. Peel and chop in cubes.
5. Open a jar of canned peas, drain the marinade. Place all crushed products in a deep bowl. Pour green peas here. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add mayonnaise and natural yogurt. Mix gently. Serve Olivier salad in a beautiful salad bowl.
Recipe 6. Salad "Olivier" with fresh cucumbers, sausage and quail eggs
five fresh cucumbers;
400 g smoked sausage;
50 quail eggs;
two cans of canned green peas;
1. Wash the potatoes under running water with a brush. We place it in a cauldron and boil for half an hour. Then completely cool, remove the thin peel and finely chop.
2. Rinse cucumbers, wipe and grind in small cubes.
3. Boil the eggs for eight minutes, drain the hot water and place them under a stream of cold. We clean and grind using an egg cutter.
4. We clean the onion and crumble as small as possible.
5. Remove the film from the smoked sausage and cut it into thin, short straws.
6. Open the jar with peas, drain the liquid. Pour the contents into a deep salad bowl. Here we send the rest of the ingredients. Season with black pepper and salt. Add mayonnaise and mix gently.
Salad "Olivier" with fresh cucumbers and sausage - tips and tricks
To make the salad delicious, chop the vegetables and sausage into small pieces.
Scalp chopped onions with boiling water to get rid of a sharp taste.
Stir the salad in a large bowl, do it from the bottom up, so as not to mash the chopped vegetables and green peas.
It is advisable to salt after the salad has been seasoned.
If the cucumbers are not young, it is better to peel them, so the salad will turn out more tender.