Pumpkin in our country grows everywhere, but this product is not particularly popular at the present time.
There are, of course, those who add pumpkin to porridge or pastries, and there are those who bake it, but there are such units.
But after all, from such a useful and proper preparation of a real tasty vegetable, you can cook many interesting dishes, which include an amazing tasty sweet treat - pumpkin jam with oranges. Surprisingly, even those who did not take the pumpkin to the spirit like this jam, and rarely can anyone guess the composition of the dessert.
Pumpkin jam with orange - general principles of preparation
Before proceeding directly to the preparation of goodies, we will consider why it is worth trying to cook this delicious jam:
• you can buy a pumpkin in the summer almost everywhere at a reasonable price;
• pumpkin has a large number of useful properties: it contains vitamins, minerals, accelerates metabolism, removes excess fluid from the body;
• due to the presence of citrus fruits, the specific taste of pumpkin in jam is not felt at all;
• adding various ingredients, experimenting with spices, you can get a new dessert every time.
So, the pumpkin must be cleaned of the peel, seeds and fibrous part of the pulp. Next, the flesh is cut into small cubes or cubes, slices or slices, or grated or scrolled in a meat grinder - depending on the recipe and the desired consistency of jam.
Oranges and lemons are washed and also crushed. This component can be used with or without zest. If it is decided not to remove the peel, it is recommended to boil the oranges several times so that they do not bitter in the finished product.
You can also add spices or nuts to the jam, pumpkin and oranges with almonds, cashews, cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon are very well combined.
Jam is prepared mainly in aluminum or stainless pots, but it is not recommended to cook a delicacy in enameled pans.
Store the finished sweet, tightly rolled up or clogged with a lid, in a cool, darkened place.
1. Pumpkin Jam with Orange and Lemon
• kilogram of pumpkin pulp;
• a kilogram of oranges;
• kilogram of sugar;
• 200 grams of lemon.
1. Pumpkins are thoroughly washed. Cut the peel, free the flesh from the seeds. Cut into thin slices of small size.
2. Wash oranges and lemons just as well. Without peeling citrus fruits, cut the fruit into four parts.
3. Now we cut each quarter across thin layers, simultaneously removing the bones if necessary.
4. Mix the prepared pulp of pumpkin with oranges and lemon, pour sugar. Leave the mass for a couple of hours.
5. We transfer pumpkins with citruses and allocated syrup into a pan of a suitable size. Boil, stirring, for 20 minutes.
6. Cool the jam completely, then again simmer for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
7. We transfer jam hot in sterilized jars, roll up.
2. Pumpkin jam with orange and dried apricots
• one and a half kilograms of pumpkin;
• 600 grams of dried apricots;
• 1.2 granulated sugar;
• 5 g of vanillin;
• 200-300 grams of orange.
1. Rubbed and thoroughly washed pumpkin on a coarse grater.
2. Wash my orange, peel it along with a white layer. Cut the flesh, remove the seeds.
3. Thoroughly washed dried apricots, pour boiling water for 15-20 minutes, then rinse, dry and cut into strips.
4. Spread all the prepared ingredients in a pan for cooking jam, sprinkle with sugar. Mix.
5. Cook the delicacy over low heat, constantly stirring and removing the foam if necessary, for 15 minutes. Cool down. Weary and cool again. Repeat the procedure 2-3 times.
6. For the fifth time, pour vanillin into the jam, bring to a boil.
7. Pour jam hot in a sterilized container, tightly close the lids.
3. Pumpkin jam with orange in a slow cooker
• 1 kg of pumpkin;
• 1 kg of sugar;
• 0.5 kg of orange;
• 5 g of citric acid.
1. Thoroughly wash the pumpkin and oranges.
2. Remove the peel from the pumpkin, remove the seeds and fibers. Cut the pulp into cubes.
3. Cut the oranges in random order, remove the seeds.
4. Scroll both ingredients in a meat grinder or grind in a blender.
5. Thoroughly mix both masses with sugar. Let the jam stand in this form for a couple of hours at room temperature.
6. After the allotted time, we transfer the aromatic mass to the multicooker bowl.
7. Cook for 2 hours by setting the "Extinguishing" mode. During cooking, open the multicooker several times and mix the jam.
8. If we see that the juice is not enough, then no later than 30 minutes before readiness, pour about a third or half a glass of ordinary water.
9. For 10-15 minutes, pour citric acid.
10. Roll the finished jam into a sterile container with a hermetically sealed lid.
4. Pumpkin jam with orange zest and sea buckthorn
• one and a half kilograms of pumpkin;
• kilogram of sea buckthorn;
• a pound of sugar;
• 100 grams of orange peel.
1. First of all, we carefully sort sea buckthorn, taking away non-spoiled fruits.
2. Rinse the berries, throwing them in a colander, and after they dry out a little, crush them in any convenient way and squeeze the juice.
3. We wash the pumpkin, peel, cut the flesh into small cubes.
4. Pour into a saucepan, where we will prepare sea buckthorn juice. Pour sugar. Stirring, completely dissolve the sugar in the juice.
5. Add the prepared pumpkin and finely grated orange zest.
6. Stirring regularly, simmer the jam over low heat until the pumpkin becomes clear. It takes about 30-35 minutes.
7. If you wish, five minutes before cooking, you can add a pinch of nutmeg, which will give the treat a special aroma.
8. We spread the finished jam in prepared jars, close.
5. Pumpkin jam with orange and almonds
• 1.2 peeled pumpkins;
• 300 grams of orange;
• 900 grams of sugar;
• 200 grams of almond kernels;
• 5-6 buds of cloves.
1. Pour almonds for 15-20 minutes with boiling water, after which we drain the liquid, and remove the husk from the nuts themselves.
2. Cut the pre-cleaned pumpkin into bars of about three per centimeter.
3. Put the pumpkin slices in a pan, sprinkle with sugar, mix.
4. On top of the pumpkin we lay out carefully washed and cut into thin circles or semicircles, if the fruits are large, oranges.
5. We insist in this way a mass of about 3 hours.
6. Boil the jam on a quiet fire for 15 minutes, cool, boil again, cool again.
7. In the third approach to boiling add almonds and cloves.
8. We place the thickened cooked jam in jars, simultaneously taking out the cloves, so that during storage the spice does not interrupt the taste of orange and pumpkin.
9. Roll up the container with lids, and after it cools down, remove it for storage.
6. Pumpkin jam with orange, lemon and spices
• 1.3 pulp of pumpkin;
• a pound of oranges;
• a pound of lemon;
• kilogram of granulated sugar;
• 3-4 cm of ginger root;
• 2-3 grams of cardamom.
1. Cut the pumpkin pulp into cubes about 2 cm in size. Pour into a saucepan.
2. Here we grate the ginger root on a fine grater, put the zest of one lemon and 300 grams of granulated sugar.
3. Leave the mass, mixing it, for 2-3 hours at room temperature.
4. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lemons into a small container, and cut the washed oranges into small slices, removing the seeds when slicing.
5. Mix all the ingredients in one large pan, add granulated sugar, bring to a boil.
6. Tomim on the quietest fire until thick, about 20-30 minutes.
7. 5 minutes before the end of cooking, pour cardamom, mix.
8. Place the prepared jam in a pre-prepared clean container.
Pumpkin Jam with Orange - Tips and Tricks
• To make a really tasty jam, you need to responsibly approach the choice of the main ingredient: pumpkin. The fruit should be small in size, not overripe, without dents or obvious signs of rot.
• Oranges should be sweet. Strongly sour or bitter fruits will ruin the taste of the finished treat. Of course, choosing oranges in a store is impossible to understand whether they are tasty or not, so it’s best to try each fruit when sliced.
• When adding lemon and oranges to jam, make sure that the fruits are not overripe, otherwise the type of jam will turn out to be not very presentable.
• Do not forget to remove the bones from oranges and lemons, otherwise the prepared jam will turn out to be bitter.
• If you like the jam to be thick, do not chop the pumpkin, but rub it on a grater.
• If you use peeled oranges for cooking jam, put at least a tablespoon of grated zest when cooking in the mass, this will add a particularly bright aroma to the jam.
• Thanks to the short cooking of jam in several passes, you contribute to the preservation of most vitamins.
• Thanks to the orange, pumpkin jam acquires an indescribable aroma and unobtrusive acidity, but you can also add other citrus fruits, apples, dried fruits to give new tastes.
• To give the treat a special piquancy, add at the end of cooking in a minimum amount of spice: vanillin, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg.