The apple compote itself is not very original, but if you add oranges to it, this is a completely different story.
Citrus fruits add spice and freshness to the compote.
Stewed apples and oranges - general principles of preparation
Compote apples are picked without wormholes and damage. The fruit is well washed, core removed and cut into slices or cubes. Oranges are poured with boiling water, wiped and chopped with not too thin slices. The peel of an orange can be removed, or used without peeling.
A bowl of water is placed on the stove. As soon as it boils, add sugar and cook, stirring, until it dissolves. Then fruits and citrus fruits are laid in syrup. Compote is cooked for another two minutes. Turn off the fire and leave for 20 minutes to insist under the lid.
If the compote is harvested for the winter, fruits and oranges are laid in a jar and poured with boiling syrup. When the contents become warm, the liquid is drained, boiled and again poured into jars. The procedure is repeated three times, after which it is hermetically rolled up.
Recipe 1. Stewed apples and oranges
large oranges - two pcs.;
2 liters of drinking water;
large apples - 3 pcs.
granulated sugar - a glass
1. Thoroughly wash and dry the apples. Cut the fruit in half and remove the core. Dice apples.
2. Oranges are poured with boiling water and chopped with not too thin slices.
3. Pour sugar in a pot with two liters of drinking water. Put the dishes on the stove and bring to a boil.
4. Put apples and oranges in boiling syrup. When the compote boils, cook another two minutes.
5. Remove the compote from the heat and insist under the lid for 20 minutes. Stewed fruit and serve with fruit and pastries.
Recipe 2. Stewed apples and oranges with ginger
apples - 300 g;
a pinch of dried ground ginger;
drinking water - 2 l;
150 g of sugar;
330 g of oranges.
1. Peel citrus fruits. Put on the board and cut the flesh into thick circles.
2. Apples are washed, cut into four parts and cut out the core with seeds. Then mode their slices thinner.
3. We put the dishes with drinking water on the fire. Pour sugar into boiling water and mix until it is completely dispersed. We put in a boiling syrup circles of oranges and apple slices. Add ground ginger.
4. Cook the compote for another three minutes and turn off the fire. We infuse compote for half an hour and pour into tall glasses. Serve with baked goods.
Recipe 3. Stewed apples and oranges with plums
1. Scalp the orange with boiling water and cut into thin slices.
2. Wash the apple, wipe, cut in half and remove the core with seeds. Grind the fruit into thin slices.
3. Rinse the plums, break them in half and remove the seeds.
4. Place a container of water on the stove, add sugar and cook until it dissolves. Dip fruits and citruses into boiling syrup. Cook for a few minutes and remove from heat.
5. In a warm compote, add honey to taste, mix and serve with cookies or buns.
Recipe 4. Stewed apples and oranges "Winter"
two large pears;
large sweet apple;
half a glass of brandy;
large sour apple;
half a glass of sugar;
5 g dried ginger;
two large oranges;
a glass of dried apricots;
a quarter cup of dried cherry;
a glass of prunes.
1. Using a peeler, peel three strips of zest from an orange. Cut it in half and squeeze three quarters of a glass of juice.
2. Pour into a stewpan three and a half glasses of drinking water, pour sugar. Add anise, cinnamon, brandy and orange zest. Cover the stewpan with a lid, put on a fire and boil. Turn the heat on and cook the spice syrup for five minutes.
3. Wash apples, pears, peel and core. Slice the fruit pulp.
4. Rinse dried fruit. Cut the figs, dried apricots and prunes in half. Add everything to the saucepan and cook for five minutes. Then enter the pears and apples. Cook, stirring, for ten minutes.
5. Remove the stewpan from the stove. Pour in the orange juice and let the compote brew for an hour. Before serving, remove cinnamon, orange zest and anise star from the compote.
Recipe 5. Stewed apples and oranges with aronia
drinking water - 1 l 500 ml;
chokeberry - 150 g;
sugar - 250 g;
apples - five pcs.
1. Dip chokeberry in boiling water for five minutes, then remove and immediately place in cold water. Remove the berries from the twigs.
2. Rinse the apples under the tap. Remove the stalks and cut out the core. Grind the fruit into thin slices.
3. Place the mountain ash and apples in a sterile jar, pour boiling water and cover with a lid.
4. After ten minutes, drain the liquid into the saucepan. We put it on the stove and bring to a boil.
5. Oranges are poured with boiling water, cut into four parts and twist in a meat grinder. Add sugar to the orange puree, mix and spread the resulting mass in boiling water.
6. Boil the syrup over low heat for about five minutes. Pour fruit and berries with boiling liquid. Screw the lid tightly and cool.
Recipe 6. Stewed apples and oranges with mint
a pound of young apples;
four and a half liters of drinking water;
300 g of sugar;
sprig of mint.
1. Wash apples under a tap, dry slightly, cut into four parts and remove the core with seeds. Cut the fruit into thinner slices. Put apples in a bowl and fill with cold drinking water so that they do not turn black.
2. Pour oranges over boiling water, cut in half and chop into thin slices.
3. Rinse the mint sprig and cut into three parts.
4. Put all prepared ingredients in a pan, and pour in drinking water. Pour sugar, mix and send to the fire. As soon as the compote boils, cook for another five minutes. Then remove from heat, cover and leave to cool completely. Strain the compote and bottle. Put it in the refrigerator.
Recipe 7. Stewed apples and oranges with cognac
50 ml of brandy;
a glass of sugar;
two large oranges.
1. Peel the oranges from the peel and cut into circles, half a centimeter thick.
2. We wash the apples, peel the peel with a sharp knife, remove the core and cut in the same way as the oranges. We spread them on a plate and sprinkle with sugar.
3. Put the fruits and citrus fruits in a stewpan, fill with drinking water and cook for several minutes from the moment of boiling. Then remove the compote from the heat, pour in the cognac, mix and cool under the lid.
Recipe 8. Compote of dried apples and oranges
2 liters of drinking water;
175 g granulated sugar;
a glass of dried apples.
1. Pour drinking water into a saucepan and put on medium heat. Pour sugar into boiling water and mix until it dissolves. Add the dried apples and cook for ten minutes.
2. Dip the orange with boiling water and cut into slices, a centimeter thick. Peel a piece of ginger root and grind it on the smallest grater.
3. After ten minutes, put ginger and oranges in a compote. Mix and cook for a couple of minutes. Then cover and leave to cool. We filter and pour into tall glasses.
Recipe 9. Exotic compote of apples and oranges with kiwi
drinking water - two liters;
175 g sugar;
1. Pour drinking water into a saucepan and put on the stove.
2. The apples are washed, with the help of a special device we remove the core. Cut into rings.
3. Peel the kiwi and cut into circles.
4. Dip the orange with boiling water, wipe and cut in the same way as apples. We will cook not only tasty compote, but also beautiful. To do this, we take iron molds for cookies in the form of an asterisk and a flower.
5. With their help, cut stars out of apples, and cut the kiwi in the form of flowers. Oranges are left in circles.
6. Pour sugar in boiling water, stir until completely dissolved and lay out fruits and citrus fruits. As soon as the compote boils, cook for a couple of minutes, and turn off the fire. We use it hot or cold.
Stewed apples and oranges - tips and tricks
Cut the apples into slices of the same thickness so that they cook evenly.
Small apples can be laid in the compote as a whole.
Dip the chopped apples in a weak solution of citric acid and salt. Soak for half an hour. So the fruits will retain their beneficial properties.
To prevent apples from darkening, dip them in boiling water for six minutes, then immediately pour over with cold water.