Casseroles are by no means the invention of domestic kindergarten cooks.
In one form or another, such dishes are present in many national cuisines.
Without trying to adapt other people's recipes, we take as our basis our traditional ones.
And we have plenty of them!
Sausages and cheese casseroles - general cooking principles
• What kind of casseroles with sausage and cheese do not exist. They are cooked with boiled or raw vegetables, cereals, pasta, cottage cheese and even bread. The recipes for cooking are different, but they all have one thing in common - they are baked in the oven.
• For casseroles, mainly hard cheese is used. In crushed form, it is mixed with other products or sprinkled with a casserole on top to get a ruddy cheese crust on its surface. Grind the cheese with a grater.
• You can take any sausage, either boiled or smoked, the main thing is that it does not contain large pieces of fat. Sausages are cut according to the recipe, slices of sausage are mixed with the bulk or interbedded with them.
• Casseroles are placed only in a well-heated oven and baked for a certain time, at the temperature indicated in the recipe. After baking, the dish is kept in shape for about a quarter of an hour and only after that cut into pieces.
• Casseroles with sausage and cheese can be served both for breakfast and dinner. The dish is quite high-calorie and nutritious.
Casserole with sausage and mashed potato cheese
• a pound of potatoes;
• 200 gr. boiled "Doctor" sausage;
• Kostroma cheese - 200 gr.;
• two eggs;
• 30 gr. natural butter;
• a small pinch of nutmeg powder;
• two spoons of white crackers for breading.
1. Peel the potatoes and boil until cooked. Be sure to salt the water, otherwise the casserole will turn out to be fresh. Strain the broth, add the butter to the potatoes and mash it well with a crush in mashed potatoes.
2. Cut the sausage into medium-sized cubes or cubes, grate the cheese on a fine grater.
3. In a slightly cooled mashed potato, break the eggs, add cheese crumbs and pieces of sausage. Season with nutmeg, add a pinch of ground pepper and mix well.
4. Cover the bottom and sides of the heat-resistant form with a layer of butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs from breadcrumbs.
5. Put the potato mass into the mold and gently smooth the surface with a spoon moistened with water.
6. Preheat the oven to a temperature of 160 degrees and place in it a casserole dish for half an hour. The readiness of the dish is checked by a puncture of a toothpick.
Pasta casserole with sausage and cheese
• 200 gr. curly pasta;
• 100 gr. smoked sausage type "Cervelat";
• boiled sausage without fat - 150 gr.;
• 200 gr. ripe red tomatoes;
• cheese, "Russian" - 150 gr.;
• two onions;
• two full glasses of cow's milk;
• a teaspoon of 72% butter;
• three tablespoons of white flour.
1. Dip the pasta in a slightly salted boiling water and boil. To pasta in a casserole well kept in shape, remove from heat, without slightly adding. Determine the degree of readiness by biting pasta. If on top it is already soft, but inside is quite elastic - you can shoot from the fire.
2. Flip the boiled pasta and rinse in a colander with warm water, mix with melted butter.
3. Cut the tomatoes into thin slices, and both types of sausages - into strips.
4. Spread a small, deep form with soft butter and spread the pasta evenly in it. Top - sausage, mixing both varieties, and on its surface spread slices of tomatoes.
5. Whisk the eggs with a whisk, introduce them into the milk and mix well with the same whisk. Without stopping mixing, gradually add flour, while breaking up the lumps well, the mass should be uniform.
6. Pour the prepared fill into the mold so that it does not reach the edges of the casserole by 1 cm and fill the top of the dish with grated cheese.
7. Such a casserole is baked at 200 degrees for no more than 30 minutes.
Simple bread casserole with sausage and cheese
• 300 ml pasteurized skim milk;
• three tablespoons of Dijon mustard;
• 12 slices of white "toaster" bread;
• cheese, varieties "Russian" - 200 gr.;
• Parmesan cheese - 100 gr.;
• feathers of a young onion;
• nine eggs;
• 450 gr. chicken ham or low-fat cooked sausage.
1. Cut the ham (sausage) into small pieces. Rub “Parmesan” and “Russian” cheese in different bowls on a medium grater. Wash onion feathers, wipe dry with a towel and cut into small rings.
2. Break the eggs into a bowl, add mustard to them. Pour half a spoonful of fine salt and a quarter spoonful of freshly ground pepper. Whisk, add milk and mix well.
3. Lay six slices of bread on the oiled bottom of the mold.
4. Fill the glass three quarters of the volume with ham and evenly distribute it over the bread.
5. Sprinkle 3/4 cup crumbs of Russian cheese on top of the ham, and two spoons of Parmesan on top.
6. Sprinkle the cheese layer with a third part of the green onion and cover with half the milk-egg dressing. Then repeat all the layers again, starting with bread and ending with onion.
7. Pour the remaining milk and egg mixture into the mold, cover with foil and refrigerate.
8. After 8 hours, remove and put to bake in a gas oven heated to 175 degrees for one hour. Do not remove the foil from the mold, bake under it.
9. Let the baked casserole stand for 10 minutes and serve, cut into portions.
Cottage cheese casserole with sausage and cheese
• low-fat, granular cottage cheese - 300 gr.;
• one raw protein;
• several slices of cooked sausage;
• a small tomato;
• cheese, grades "Kostroma" or "Russian" - 100 gr.;
• fresh herbs - parsley, dill, to taste.
1. Take a small plate shape of foil the size of a plate and grease it with oil.
2. At the bottom, evenly spread the tomatoes into rings and sprinkle them with finely chopped greens.
3. Mash the cottage cheese well and mix it with a beaten egg, put the mass in a mold on the tomatoes, smooth.
4. Cut into small slices of sausage. Spread slices of sausage evenly over the cottage cheese and sprinkle everything with cheese, chopped on a coarse grater.
5. Put the casserole for 20 minutes in the oven, when heated to 200 degrees.
Rice casserole with sausage and cheese
• a pound of low-fat cooked sausage;
• three heads of bitter onions;
• 70 gr. half-smoked sausage;
• cheese, varieties "Dutch" or "Russian" - 80 gr.;
• 200 gr. long grain rice;
• 100 ml of low-fat sour cream;
• medium-sized carrots - 2 pcs.;
• refined vegetable oil;
• to taste - hops-suneli.
1. Rinse the rice with cold water, changing it several times. Thoroughly shake off excess moisture, pour 600 ml of cold water into the grits, add salt and put on high heat. As soon as the water boils, mix the rice, reduce the heat to a minimum and cover with a lid. Boil the kernels until soft. Throw it in a colander and wait until the whole broth comes down. Do not rinse.
2. Dip the onion chopped in half rings into the oil heated in the pan. Add the coarse straws from the carrots and sauté until a light golden color appears. Transfer vegetables to rice, mix well.
3. Cover the form with parchment, put half of the rice in it. Cut the cooked sausage into slices of arbitrary, but not too large size and spread them evenly over the rice. Try to keep the sausage pieces snug against each other and leave no gaps.
4. Sprinkle the hops in the Suneli sausage and evenly even out the rest of the rice. Apply a rare sour cream net over the entire surface and gently smear it with a spoon.
5. Sprinkle with small straws from smoked sausage and cheese grated on a fine grater.
6. Bake a rice casserole at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
Vegetable casserole with sausage and cheese
• 300 gr. sausages or cooked sausages;
• five eggs;
• 300 gr. young zucchini;
• cauliflower - 300 gr.;
• carrot - 300 gr.;
• white ground crackers - 50 gr.;
• fresh herbs - dill, parsley;
• cheese, varieties "Kostroma" - 200 gr ...
1. Cut the zucchini and carrot into large rings, divide the cabbage into inflorescences.
2. Dip the vegetables in slightly salted boiling water and boil for three minutes, then drop them in a colander and wait until all the liquid has come off.
3. Grind greens with a knife, beat eggs with salt and ground pepper. Rub the cheese on a coarse grater, and cut the sausages into circles.
4. Cover the inside of the mold with butter and sprinkle thoroughly with ground breadcrumbs. Put the blanched vegetables, and on their surface pieces of sausages, cover everything with eggs.
5. Put the vegetable casserole in a hot oven (200 degrees) and leave it for a quarter of an hour. Then remove, sprinkle with grated cheese crumbs and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
Sausages and Cheese Casseroles - Useful Cooking Tips and Tricks
• Never cook cereals and pasta for casseroles until cooked. In order for such products to keep a good shape in a casserole, they must be slightly undercooked. They will be cooked in the oven.
• To prevent vegetables from turning into porridge during baking, boil them in lightly salted water for no more than three minutes.
• So that the casserole easily moves away from the edges of the form and does not burn, grease its bottom and sides with butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs after that.
• For casseroles to which tomatoes are added, try to take fleshy, non-watery varieties of tomatoes or choose seeds from them.
• Cut hot casserole with sausage and cheese, preferably hot, until the cheese crust has cooled. Otherwise, it will become harsh, and cutting the dish gently will not work.