Pigment spots - a change in skin color in some areas, which can be caused by a variety of reasons.
This phenomenon occurs at any age in both women and men.
This is not always just a cosmetic flaw.
Brown spots can be a symptom of a variety of diseases, including cancer.
Therefore, it is so important to determine why they appeared, and only then whiten using various cosmetics.
Causes of age spots
There are several reasons for the appearance of age spots, among which the most common are:
• hormonal disruptions in the body, as well as some diseases, for example, liver, adrenal glands, pancreas;
• long-term use of certain medications;
• too long exposure to the sun;
• prolonged intoxication of the body, for example, with tuberculosis or work with harmful substances;
• oncological diseases, especially affecting the pituitary gland.
Lemon Skin Benefits
Lemon has a lot of useful properties, including:
• getting rid of age spots;
• toning and cleansing;
• nourishment with useful microelements and vitamins;
• exfoliation of dead particles;
• leveling the tone of the face and other skin areas;
• removal of oily sheen;
• removal of edema and skin tightening;
• rejuvenation and start of regeneration processes at the cellular level.
The composition of lemon includes such beneficial substances as ascorbic acid, flavonoids, volatile, thiamine, carotene, fruit acids, pectins, eryotcitrin. In addition, this citrus contains a substance unique in its properties - hesperidin, which makes the skin more elastic, soft and silky.
Ways to apply lemon from age spots
Lemon from pigment spots helps well in the case when you properly care for the skin, protect it from prolonged exposure to ultraviolet rays, eat well-balanced.
Very important, so that in your diet there are products with a high content of vitamin C, E, A, nicotinic acid, and if necessary, after consultation with a specialist, you can take vitamin-mineral complexes that contain them.
Lemon itself from age spots can be used both independently as freshly squeezed or water-diluted juice for rubbing the skin of the face, décolleté, hands and places where you have age spots, and as part of masks with other components. This can be a decoction of chamomile, sour cream, kefir, honey and other substances that are beneficial to the skin.
Recipes for masks and rub from lemon pigment spots
There are many different recipes for masks or rubs with lemon from age spots. We decided to share with you the most effective of them:
1. Freshly squeezed lemon juice. It can be diluted in 1: 1 proportions with boiled or distilled warm water.
2. Lemon mask with sour cream. Mix half the squeezed lemon with sour cream of medium fat content (1-1.5 tablespoons). Heat the mixture in a water bath to a comfortable temperature.
3. A mask of honey and lemon. Squeeze half a small lemon into a clean container, then add 1-1.5 teaspoons of natural liquid honey to the juice. The mixture, as in the previous recipe, must be mixed and heated to a comfortable temperature, but not more than 35-40 ° C. You can add a spoonful of milk or low-fat kefir to this recipe, and it is recommended to use such a mixture both as a mask and for rubbing the skin.
4. Mask with lemon and chopped oatmeal. Squeezed lemon juice must be mixed with a small amount of chopped oatmeal so that a thick slurry is obtained. If necessary, you can add a little water or kefir. Such a tool can be used both as a mask and as a soft scrub.
5. Rub with lemon and chamomile. Pour in a clean cup a spoonful of dried chamomile flowers with boiling water, then cover the mixture with a lid and let cool. Then strain and mix the resulting broth with lemon juice in the proportions 1: 1.
Features of applying masks with lemon
Experts recommend when applying mask of lemon from age spots:
1. Mix the ingredients of the product immediately before the procedure, do not use the finished mixture, which has stood for more than 1.5-2 hours, since it has already partially lost its useful properties.
2. Before applying the product on the skin, it is imperative to take a bath or steam the skin under a hot shower, as well as clean it of makeup.
3. The duration of the procedure can be from 5 to 20-25 minutes. At the first time of applying the product, it is better not to keep it on the skin for longer than 5-10 minutes.
4. Avoid getting the mixture with lemon on the mucous membranes and in the area near the eyes.
5. Apply the composition to the skin with gentle massaging movements, avoiding pressure and rubbing.
6. Wash off the mask with warm water, and after the procedure it is advisable to apply a moisturizer to the skin.
When you can not apply lemon from age spots
Lemon from age spots is absolutely safe. But it is not recommended to use this citrus as part of a face mask or wipe in the following cases:
• with individual intolerance and allergic reactions;
• when capillaries are close to the surface of the skin;
• in the presence of open wound surfaces, for example, abrasions and scratches;
• with inflammatory processes at the site of application, for example, boils, acne, ulcers;
• in the presence of cancer, serious blood problems.
Besides, with great accuracy, it is worth resorting to the use of lemon from age spots if you have very sensitive and delicate skin. In any case, before applying it is better to do a test to detect intolerance. For this, the finished product must be applied to the back of the wrist for 5-10 minutes. If there is no itching, discomfort or redness of the skin, then you can start using the mask of lemon.
Prevention of the appearance of age spots
In order to prevent the occurrence of hyperpigmentation, you need to follow a few simple rules:
• reconsider your lifestyle, giving preference to outdoor activities, frequent walks in the fresh air at any time of the year;
• give up bad habits, especially smoking;
• add as much fruits and vegetables as possible to your diet, and if necessary, consult a doctor to select the appropriate vitamin and mineral complexes;
• always use properly selected sun protection products, and in the hot season try not to go outside without a headdress with fields covering your face;
• Do not miss annual preventive examinations by specialists who will allow you to identify many diseases at an early stage of their development and prevent the appearance of age spots;
• properly care for the skin, monitor its sufficient hydration, not only in the summer, but also in the winter season.
Remember Before you start brightening age spots at home, you must definitely find out and eliminate the cause of their appearance, take all preventive measures, and only then resort to cosmetic procedures.
Lemon from age spots is one of the most effective means, so choose one of the favorite mask recipes with this ingredient and forget about hyperpigmentation forever!