The more we learn about modern cooking methods and storage conditions for products, the stronger is the desire to recall long-forgotten home recipes and put them into practice.
You can be completely sure of the quality of your own cooked product, especially if it is goat cheese.
It got its name due to the fact that it is prepared not from cow's milk, like most dairy products, but from goat's.
How to make goat cheese: product benefits
The beneficial properties of goat cheese are vast and diverse. Unlike cow's milk, goat is well absorbed in the body and does not cause a response allergy. Home-made goat cheese has such beneficial substances and minerals as:
• B and D vitamins.
The advantage of cheese is its low calorie content. It has low cholesterol. Therefore, it is ideal for people who want to lose weight. The antioxidants in the composition help the body resist infectious pathogens and carcinogens. The goat cheese product has a distinctive flavor with a sharpness and pure white color. It is ideal for white wines and as a beer snack.
Advantages of goat cheese over cow:
• a set of trace elements and nutrients of goat cheese is easier and faster to digest;
• a large amount of calcium in the composition makes the product useful for people with joint diseases;
• the absence of allergic reactions allows you to make cheese a unique product that can be consumed even by people who are allergic to lactose.
To cook goat cheese at home, it will not take a lot of time, effort and money. It is enough to find fresh goat milk to create a dietary product, the rest of the set of ingredients will be minimal. But it all depends on the type of cheese desired.
Hard recipe: how to make goat cheese
To make hard cheese from goat milk, you will need this set of products:
• directly goat milk itself in the amount of 3 liters;
• home or purchased (store) cottage cheese - 1 kilogram;
• one chicken egg;
• 1 teaspoon of soda;
• a small pinch of salt;
• and half a glass of vegetable oil.
Stages of cooking:
1. First you need to pour the goat's milk into a pan and bring the liquid to a boil. In boiling milk, you need to add all the cooked cottage cheese and, stirring thoroughly, cook over high heat for another 20 minutes.
2. After the time has passed, move the curd and milk mass into a colander and wait until it is completely separated from the liquid. Then you need to transfer the raw materials to another container, for example, in a bowl.
3. Add to the milk-curd raw materials all the other ingredients. The mass must be thoroughly kneaded and put in a bowl simmering in a water bath for about 10 minutes. They need to be detected after the moment of boiling water.
4. Hard cheese is almost ready. It remains to remove the raw materials from the water bath and transfer them to a prepared plastic bottle, in which the neck has been cut in advance. Press cheese into the bottle tightly. Then we send the filled bottle to the refrigerator so that the cheese has completely cooled. It is better to store cheese in the same bottle in the freezer, its quality will not be affected, and the taste will remain the same.
Soft and processed types: how to make goat cheese
The following recipe will help you make soft cheese from goat's milk. For him, you need such components:
• the main ingredient is goat milk in the amount of 2 liters;
• 400 gram packaging of sour cream, you can take a home product;
• 6 pieces of chicken eggs;
• 2 ordinary tablespoons of salt, pour them without a slide.
How to cook soft cheese:
Step 1. Boil milk with salt.
Step 2. At the same time, beat 6 eggs and knead them with sour cream.
Step 3. When the milk finally boils, pour the whipped cream and egg mass into it and wait for the moment the new mixture boils. The result should be the separation of serum from the mixture.
Step 4. Pour our mixture into a colander, it is better to do this through gauze folded several times. Excess fluid should drain from it.
Step 5. When the whey drains completely, wrap the cheese with gauze in the future and put it under the press. It can be created by placing cheese between two plates or boards, on top of which is placed a load having no more than 1 kg of weight.
Step 6. Under such conditions, the cheese should lie for about 5 hours, and then in the same gauze it must be transferred to a vessel and placed in the refrigerator for several hours to cool. The product is ready.
To prepare processed cheese, we need a ready-made product based on goat's milk - this is cottage cheese. Total we need:
• half a kilogram of goat curd;
• butter (a couple of tablespoons);
• a spoonful of tea soda and a pinch of salt.
First you will need to melt the butter in a stainless steel pan. Carefully squeeze the cottage cheese, add salt, soda to it and also put it in the same pan. The mass prepared on fire must be constantly mixed so that it could not burn. The cottage cheese will begin to melt and acquire a texture similar to cream cheese. At this point, it will be necessary to shift the product into a form so that it freezes there. At this final stage, you can give the future processed cheese a characteristic flavor, for example, adding greens or a certain seasoning there.
Cooking delicious feta cheese, or how to make goat cheese
Beloved cheese by many can be prepared not only from cow's, but also from goat's milk. His recipe is simple enough. If you come across goat milk, then you can easily find the rest of the ingredients in your own farm. So we need:
• 6 liters of goat milk;
• 200 grams of 6% vinegar;
• some salt.
We start cooking:
1. Be sure to start creating cheese with cheese by filtering milk through cheesecloth to avoid getting animal hair into the finished product. In principle, this rule applies to the preparation of any other types of homemade cheeses.
2. Put the milk on the fire and wait for it to boil, slowly stirring. Add salt and vinegar to the boiling liquid.
3. The result should be the consistency of whey, on the surface of which small pieces of cheese will form.
4. Using a slotted spoon, we catch them and put them on a plate with gauze.
5. Cheese will need to be squeezed out well.
6. It remains only to place the product under the press and leave it in a cool place for complete cooling. When this happens, it means the product is ready for use.
In this recipe, you can cook absolutely any amount of cheese. Estimated vinegar calculation is 100 grams for every 3 liters of goat milk.
How to make goat cheese unusually tender
Cheese with the most delicate taste, which will not leave indifferent even the most picky gourmets, is prepared quite simply. For him, you need the following set of products:
• fresh goat milk in the amount of 2 liters;
• two full tablespoons of cottage cheese and sour cream, you can take both homemade products and purchased;
• salt in the amount of one teaspoon;
• vinegar. One spoonful of this substance will come in handy if milk is not curdled well.
Proceed to the preparation of tender cheese:
1. Put the milk on the fire and heat it to 50 ° C.
2. Rub the cottage cheese with milk and add this mass to the heated liquid.
3. Salt the solution and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce the heat to a minimum and add the prepared sour cream to the milk.
5. Next you have to keep your eyes on the mixture, constantly mixing it until the milk begins to thicken. This should happen within a maximum of 15 minutes. If this does not happen, then it is time to add vinegar.
6. The resulting curd clot should be thrown into gauze stretched on a sieve.
7. We leave our mass to lie in this position, cover it with a napkin on top, preferably from a fabric, crushing it with a small weight on top. Its weight should not exceed 300 grams.
8. After an hour, you will receive the most tender goat cheese, which can be served at the table.
Additional Information About Goat Milk
The benefits of goat milk are enormous. Specialists distinguish it as a unique means of traditional medicine. It helps to cope with such diseases:
• a cold;
• sexual weakness;
• liver diseases;
Goat milk is not only a hypoallergenic product, but also can treat allergies. Therefore, it is not surprising that milk is used to produce such a useful and versatile product as goat cheese.