Jelly is a low-calorie fruit dessert.
To prepare it, you will need fruit, juice and a thickener.
Gelatin, agar-agar and pectin are used as a gelling agent.
Jelly with oranges can be served as an independent dessert, or act as a filling and decoration of baking.
Jelly with oranges - the basic principles of preparation
Jelly with oranges is prepared on the basis of orange juice, sugar, gelatin or other binders. Gelatin is poured with warm water and dissolved in a water bath. Orange juice is put on fire, sugar is added and boiled, stirring constantly, until it is completely dissolved. Then gelatin is introduced, mixed and poured on prepared glassware from transparent glass. In jelly, you can add slices of orange or other fruits.
The gelling agent is added with caution. If you put too much gelatin, an unpleasant aftertaste will appear. Pectin reduces the transparency of jelly.
To give the dish a special shade, alcoholic beverages are added to the dish. It can be wine, liquor or cognac.
Dessert is served in a transparent glass dish. Dessert will look very original if the mixture is poured into halves of orange peels. After the jelly has hardened, cut it into slices. Garnish with jelly berries, fruits or whipped cream.
The dessert, prepared in multi-colored layers, looks original.
Recipe 1. Jelly with oranges
8 g of instant gelatin;
30 g of sugar;
1. Scald the oranges with boiling water and wipe with a towel. We cut them in half and squeeze the juice using a special device. 300 ml should come out.
2. Pour orange juice into a saucepan, pour sugar and put on a slow fire. Warm the mixture until sugar is completely dissolved. The mixture should not boil!
3. Dissolve gelatin in warm water and introduce it into warm juice, constantly stirring. Tomim a couple of minutes. We filter the future jelly. When the liquid cools down to a warm state, pour it into portioned dishes made of transparent glass. We send it to the refrigerator for four hours. Serve with garnished with coconut or chocolate chips.
Recipe 2. Jelly with oranges and chocolate mousse
three large oranges;
200 ml of 33% cream;
100 g of granulated sugar;
100 ml of milk;
20 g of vanilla sugar;
150 g of dark chocolate;
1. Pour gelatin with a small amount of warm water and leave to swell.
2. Pour the milk into a stewpan, add half the vanilla sugar and bring the mixture to a boil.
3. Introduce gelatin into the milk with constant stirring so that no lumps form. Add the pieces of chocolate and knead until it is completely dissolved.
4. The milk mixture is completely cooled. Whip cream until dense foam. Combine the milk-chocolate mixture with cream and mix gently.
5. Oranges are poured with boiling water, wiped with a towel and squeezed juice from them. Add gelatin to it, mix and leave for a while.
6. Now add white and vanilla sugar. We put on fire and warm, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Pour the warm mixture into glasses, filling them in two-thirds of the volume. We stand in the refrigerator until completely solidified.
7. Using a pastry bag, squeeze chocolate mousse over the jelly and decorate with thin spirals of orange zest.
Recipe 3. Jelly with oranges and bananas
120 g of sugar;
two bags of clear jelly;
125 ml of boiled hot water;
a bag of jelly with strawberry flavor;
40 g sour cream;
1. Peel the banana, cut into slices and interrupt in a blender to a puree state.
2. We spread the sour cream in a deep bowl, add sugar and banana puree to it. We prepare transparent jelly, following the recommendations on the packaging. Cool to a warm state and introduce with a banana-sour cream mixture. Stir and pour into glasses or bowls, leaving about a third of the mixture. Sent to the refrigerator.
3. Pour strawberry jelly into a plate, pour half a glass of hot boiled water and mix until completely dissolved. Pour on the frozen banana jelly and put in the refrigerator again.
4. As soon as the strawberry jelly hardens. Melt the remaining banana mixture in a water bath, stirring constantly, and pour over the strawberry layer. We put in the refrigerator.
5. Cut the orange in half and squeeze the juice out of it. Mix transparent jelly with orange juice and sugar. We put the mixture on fire, bring to a boil, stirring, and cook for 15 minutes. Cool and pour on banana jelly. We stand in the refrigerator until completely solidified. Decorate with berries and serve.
Recipe 4. Sand baskets with jelly with oranges
a bag of jelly with orange flavor;
baking powder - 3 g;
flour - 150 g;
butter - 75 g;
vanilla sugar - 50 g;
1. Remove the oil from the refrigerator in advance to make it soft. Pound it with baking powder and flour into crumbs. Add the egg and sugar. Knead a thick dough. Wrap it in film and put it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 200 C. Divide the dough into small pieces. Roll each one out lightly and put in cupcake tins. Cover with parchment and pour dry beans. Put in the oven for seven minutes. Remove the parchment with beans and bake for another five minutes. Cool the baskets and remove from the mold.
3. Pour orange over with boiling water, wipe with a towel and cut into slices. Put one slice in each basket. Cook the orange jelly, following the instructions on the package and fill it with the contents of the baskets. Keep in the refrigerator until completely solidified. Serve dessert with garnish with mint leaves.
Recipe 5. Milk Jelly with Oranges
400 ml of drinking water;
20 g of gelatin;
8 g of vanilla sugar;
200 g of sugar;
450 ml of milk;
1. Wash the oranges. Cut off the peels from one fruit and put them in a deep saucepan, pour 300 ml of drinking water and put on fire. Cook from boiling for ten minutes. Strain the resulting mixture.
2. Pour gelatin with 100 ml of warm water and leave to swell.
3. Add 100 g of granulated sugar and half the swollen gelatin to the orange broth. Put it on the fire again and bring to a boil, but do not boil!
4. Remove the zest from the second orange. Squeeze the juice from two oranges. Add zest and orange juice to the broth with gelatin.
5. Pour 100 g of sugar into milk, add vanilla sugar and mix. Put on the stove and bring to a boil. Insert the remaining gelatin into the milk and mix.
6. Pour the orange mixture into the mold and refrigerate. When the orange layer hardens, gently pour a milk mixture on a spoon. Refrigerate again. Pour so jelly, alternating layers. Refrigerate for six hours. Dip the jelly form into hot form for a few seconds and turn it over onto a dish.
Recipe 6. Salmon in jelly with oranges
a sprig of rosemary;
10 g of gelatin;
kilogram of salmon filet.
1. Soak gelatin in a glass of cold boiled water and let it swell.
2. Peel the onion and carrot.
3. Boil water in a small saucepan, put vegetables in it, salt and cook for 20 minutes over medium heat.
4. Wash and dry the salmon fillet with napkins. Cut the fish into thin slices, roll and roll with toothpicks. Dip the salmon in a saucepan and cook for four minutes.
5. Catch the fish with a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate. Strain the broth. Cut one orange in half and squeeze the juice out of it. Pour it into strained broth. Add the swollen gelatin here and mix. Put on fire and warm, avoiding boiling. Chill.
6. Cut the second orange into thin slices. Put them on the bottom of the mold. Spread salmon rolls on top and fill in all the jelly. Put in the refrigerator and let stand until it solidifies. Garnish with rosemary.
Recipe 7. Jelly "Orange Slices"
gelatin - 25 g;
sugar - 250 g;
drinking water - 200 ml;
1. Pour gelatin with 100 ml of water, mix and leave to swell.
2. Oranges are washed, wiped and cut in half. Squeeze juice out of halves. Carefully peel the films and flesh out of the crusts, being careful not to damage the peel.
3. Add sugar to the remaining water and bring to a boil. We twist the fire to a minimum and add the swollen gelatin. Cook, stirring, until completely dissolved. Do not boil!
4. Combine the gelatin mixture with orange juice and filter.
5. Put the orange halves on the coffee cups and pour the gelatin mixture into them. We put in the refrigerator for the night. Cut the jelly into slices and serve.
Jelly with oranges - tips and tricks
Add vanillin to jelly with oranges. It will help to interrupt the specific taste and smell of gelatin.
If you are preparing a multilayer jelly, pour each new layer only on completely frozen jelly.
Do not allow the liquid to boil after you introduce gelatin, otherwise the jelly will not harden.
To prevent the jelly from becoming cloudy, be sure to strain it through several layers of gauze.